If you are an SEO newbie, don't forget to watch the following awesome videos to help get you started:
Qualities of a Good Site- Matt Cutts
Datacenter Comments- Matt Cutts
Optimize for Search Engines or Users - Matt Cutts
Top 20 SEO Tools -imt777
SEO 101 -Crackle
- Social Networks to Be Sure to Use (when it applys)
Yahoo upcoming keep track of conferences that you might want to attend, or sponsor or seminars competitors are holding
- Wikipedia Track page change history
- Google Video Track negative video reviews on your products (youtube, metacafe etc)
- delicious Rss Feeds track keyword mentions
- Flickr Track tags on competitors and your company name
- Google News track mainstream media mention
- reddit popular news
- technorati blog news
- RSS, track web, blogs, news and groups Alerts
Yahoo Pipes RSS tracking, complete with filters
- Google Alerts Via email: track web, blogs, news and groups
- Copernic's Tracker $50, will let you keep an eye on any web site
- Visual Site or RTAP (Visual Sciences)
- Blog Tracking -Conversation
expertcounter blog statistics tracking
- icerocket blog Activity Over last 30 days
- Google Blog Search Blog News Tracking
- co.mments.com Blog Comments Tracking
- Blog Pulse Trends Blog Keyword Tracking
- Social Networking Monitoring
radian6 social media monitoring
- buzz logic tracks and measures influence
- twist twitter trends
- tweet volume see how often a term is mentioned on twitter
- twitter spectrum compare keywords/idea association
- Blog Pulse Track Conversation
- BoardTracker Forums and message boards tracking
- Keotag.com tracks "Tags"
- MoreOver Rss Aggregated Feed
- techrigy track conversations, reviews and positive/negative sentiment: blogs, wikis, microblogs like Twitter, social networks, embedded video
- Press Release
prlog.org/ Free online press release submission
- i-newswire Free online press release submission
- Multi-purpose tools
HubSpot -new seo tool
webconfs -web spidering tool- Shows you what your site looks like to the search engine spiders. This tool can definitely shed some light on why search engines aren't indexing your pages…or can help you avoid that problem before you launch a site.
webmaster-toolkit -copy optimization tool- Looks over the URL you enter and determines its level of search engine friendliness
Webconfs -Keyword density cloud- Analyzes all the keywords in a given URL and gives a report of how many times they show up. All put together in a nice big keyword cloud!
- Google Trends Find most search for keywords, narrow search to specific reagions. (great for seeing product appeal in areas)
- Compete's Search Analytics enter a keyword and see which web sites are getting traffic for that keyword tracking the webstrategy of the campaign
- trackur.com costs money tracks keywords
Virtual Promotions -Keyword density analyzer- Another keyword density analyzer…without the cool cloud.
Google Keyword Suggestion Tool -Part of Google Labs. Google suggests keywords as you type…and tells the number of search results for that keyword/phrase.
- Dogpile -search engine tool
- Wordtracker -keyword tool
- Overture -yahoo sem tool
- webmaster tool -google standards for seo/sem
- live keyword - keyword tool
- Google Adwords - Optimization tools, keyword tools, ppc (Adwords)
- marketleap -keyword comparison tools , competitor research
Link Popularity Tool -Market Leap's famous link popularity tool. Will give you a report of how many back links there are to a given URL, which search engines have indexed the links and how you stack up to the rest of the web.
Link Popularity Check-Different version of the above link popularity tool.
Link Quality Assessment -One of my favorite link tools! Gives you a ton of information on a site's backlinks including inbound/outbound links, links from .edu and .gov sites, deep linking percentage and more!
Backlink Anchor Text Analyzer -Finds all your links across the web and displays your anchor text for each of them.
Page Rank Tools
Check Page Rank -Quickly and easily check your Google Page Rank (PR).
Future Page Rank Predictor -Predicts your future page rank for the next time Google updates it based on your site's current stats.
Page Rank Tool -Another way to check your Google Page Rank…some are more reliable than others!
Omniture Site Catalyst
- SubmitWolf v7.0 - Automated Submission Tool # Rank Checker # Meta Tag Editor # PPC Bid Comparison # Keyword Manager (*) # Keyword Suggestion Tool # Keyword Density Analyzer # Keyword Explorer Reciprocal Link, Checker, Ranking Advisor, Link Popularity & Saturation Monitor, Google Site Map Generator, Server Header Check, Paid Inclusion Manager, Competitive Intelligence (*), ROI Calculator
Pay Per Click (PPC) Tools
PPC ROI Calculator -Just plug in the numbers and see if your PPC campaigns are performing miracles or breaking the bank.
Keyword Generator Tool -Helps you to find keyword phrases based on a given keyword that you enter - can offer effective suggestions for building your PPC keyword list
Keyword Generation Tools -Enter your keyword and this sweet tool will wrap them in Broad, Phrase and Exact Match tags - the three types of keyword matches used in Google Adwords…a huge time saver!
- TOP SEARCH ENGINES TO BE SURE TO HAVE PPC CAMPAIGNS ON (If you want to do SEM)
- AFFILIATE TOOLS
CJ - is a affiliate management site
Search Engine Tools
Search Engine Keyword Position -Gives you search engine rankings by keyword and URL.
Keyword Analysis Tool -Analyzes the position of your site for given keywords and pairs them against the other top results.
Search Engine Ranking Report -Shows you how your site stack up in the search engines for given keywords.
Search Engine Spider Simulation -Another way to see how your web pages look to a search engine spider.
URL Trends -Gives you page rank, incoming/outgoing links, alexa rank and more all in one report.
- alexa Website activity comparison
- Google Patent Search RSS
- oodle Track when competitors are expanding (hiring)
- EdgarOnline Track competitors SEC filings (stock-financial health)
- SeekingAlpha Tracks public companies conference call transcripts