Keywords in title tag
2. Keywords in urls
3. Keyword density in document text (no more than 10% per page)
4. Keywords in anchor text (especially on inbound links)
It is not enough just to have a lot of backlinks, it is the Quality of backlinks along with the Quantity that help you rank better in Search Engines.
A backlink could be considered as a Quality Backlink if
1. It links to your website with the keyword (keyphrase) that you are trying to optimize for.
2. The Theme of the backlinking website is the same as your website.
5.Keywords in headers
6. Keywords in beginning of document
7.Keywords in alt tags
8.Keywords in metatags (more for yahoo and msn)
9. Keyword proximity (dont have them all right next to each other in the same paragraph
10. Keyword phrases
11. Secondary Keywords
12. Keyword stemming (more important for other languages that have root words that branch off for meaning)
14. Keyword Mistypes in metadata or ppc (not on the site!)
15.Keyword dilution -avoid unrelated keywords, try to be as specific as possible, don't go excessive on all similar keywords
16. keyword stuffing (10% and over for keywords risks getting you banned from search engines)
17.Anchor text of inbound links
18. Links from similar sites
19. Links from .edu and .gov sites
21. anchor text on internal links
22. text around the anchor that is relevant
23. Age of inbound links (older the better)
24. Linking directories (yahoo directory etc. careful not to over do it to fast)
25. Number of other outgoing links on a referal site's page (fewer the better)
26. Named Anchors
27. Don't have a ton of outgoing links on one page (max 100)
28. Don't link spam (lots of links from one site)
29. cross linking (pyramid of links or circle or them)
30. metatag description, keywords, language
31. metatag refresh (better to use 301 redirect code)
32. unique content
33. frequently update content (blogs help)
34. keyword size, formatting
35. age of documents
36. shorter pages
37. poor coding and design hurts seo
38. illegal or copyrighted content can get you kicked off search engines
39. invisible text is bad
40. cloaking is bad (showing search engines one version of a page and people another)
41. creating pages to trick spiders into thinking you page is more relevant than it really is, is bad.
42. duplicate content is bad
43. java script needs to be used wisely because spiders can not see most of it
44. images in text will not be seen and needs alt tags
45. podcast and videos are good, but need tagged
46. images instead of text links need tags
47. frames need to be avoided
48. siders can not see flash
49. no fully flash home pages
50. keyword rich urls
51. site accessibility is important
52. site maps are also important and make it easier for spiders to navigate them especially if they are google formatted
53.the bigger the site the better
54. the older the better
55. having a theme is bes
56. not barrying your site in directories
57.having a seperate domain from having desaraev.blogspot is best
58. dot com is better than .ws or .biz but .org and .edu or .com are best
59. hyphens in words that are in urls make them easier to read
60. shorter urls are nice and look less like spam
61. ip address is important your not on a blacklisted or free domain
62. adsense doesnt boost your rankings or hurt it but it is distracting to consumers (and will give you money while giving you competitors the opportunity to advertise on your site)
63. hosting down time hurts you because its time where your missing being indexed
64. dynamic urls are bad spiders prefer static urls example of dynamic: php?categoryid=1&productid=10 vs. /product-categoryid-1-productid-10.htm
65. session id should not be used by information that needs to be indexed by spiders
66. keep robot.txt bans to a min.
67. properly placed redirects (301 and 302) are good but when not applied properly, redirects can hurt a lot – the target page might not open, or worse – a redirect can be regarded as a black hat technique, when the visitor is immediately taken to a different page.
68. proper 404 codes
69. microsites (on different ip addresses) are best
70. properly indexed and tagged .pdfs are good
71. submit your site to search engines
72. web pr is good
73. links from all your ACTIVE social networks, blogs, and microblogs
74. submit your site to search directories, forums, and special sites:
75. commenting on other peoples blogs in your field and adding your link is GOOD
76. Managing online business development campaigns
77. submit site maps: http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=40318
78. no "shadow domains" or deceptive redirects
79. Nav. that points to main areas of the site with subpages after
81. Make sure your web server supports the If-Modified-Since HTTP header. This feature allows your web server to tell Google whether your content has changed since we last crawled your site. Supporting this feature saves you bandwidth and overhead.
82. If your company buys a content management system, make sure that the system can export your content so that search engine spiders can crawl your site.
83. The more people that go to your site and stay on it for a period of time the better for PageRank, so email campaigns that encourage lots of visitors are good, but consistant page visits like this is better (so give users a reason to continually come back to use your pages and content) such as blogs, shopping, weekly tips, etc.
84. Affiliates are ok, if they are unique and add value (cj is good)
85.If you're selling something, try to make it easy for a visitor to buy something from every page.
86.If your site carries a few "flagship" products or articles, make sure those are promoted on every page.
87. How to optimize flash: http://www.hochmanconsultants.com/articles/seo-friendly-flash.shtml
88. competitor analysis
89. keyword research
90. negative keywords
91. google analytics
92. msn, yahoo, ask, google (the four big ones)
93. find out goals, objectives, who is the consumer
94. tag all images on social sites
95. find additional keywords from sites like flickr (what would the consumer tag your product as?)
96. Submit client to social bookmarking
97. submit consumer websites to google products via xml
98. social media integration (facebook groups etc.)
99. hta access file
100. microblogs/optimize blogs
101. Google/Mapquest link and directions
102. Who is the consumer or their target audience
103. google products
* Google Webmaster Guidelines: http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=35769
* Google 101: How Google crawls, indexes and serves the web.: http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=70897
Questions we should ALWAYS answer (even google recommends them):
* Can you show me examples of your previous work and share some success stories?
* Do you follow the Google Webmaster Guidelines?
* Do you offer any online marketing services to complement your organic search business?
* What kind of results do you expect to see, and in what timeframe?
* What's your experience in my industry?
* How long have you been in business?
*Examples of bad practices we will not do: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2002002970_nwbizbriefs12.html
SEARCH ENGINE MANAGEMENT: Increase your site rankings and page views by using meta data, search engine optimization, analysis, and...
Found this on SEO BOOK thought it might be a good follow up to my previous list: Web Analytics Tools Overview: These free and paid tools ...
I know my blog is normally a mash-up of information about interactive medias, design, social media, and marketing, but a friend of mine rece...
Top 100 Most beautiful Web site designs, Gorgeous Feminine Modern Simple Websites, and Inspirations html websitesLooking for inspiration, or just want some beautiful sites to look at? I roamed the web, asked readers, and surveyed my twitter friends to c...
Interesting ad in WIRED magazine about software developers of 37 signals: February 29th, 2008, desara...
Interactive Media Search Engine Marketing, Interactive Advertising, Interactive Design, Advertising Agencies, Choosing a Search Engine Marke...
In today's world one of the best ways to stay on top of your game is to NEVER stop learning. Some go to college most of their lives, whi...
The post (link): http://mobile.adage.com/site?sid=adage_ip&pid=JuicerHub&targetURL=http%3A%2F%2Fadage.com%2Fgarfield%2Farticle%3Far...
86 of the TOP SEO TOOLS: Social Media, Alerts, Blog Tracking, Social Monitoring, PR, Copy Tools, Keyword, Linking, Page Rank, PPC, Affiliate Marketing, and Competitor Analysis.So you are looking for a new SEO, Social Media, or PPC tool huh? Improve your site by using a combination of a couple of the tools from each...
Being brave is when you are scared, but pull enough courage together to be able to do what needs to get done in spite of the situation. When...
2010 (1) 2014 (1) 2015 video diary from desaraev and Yorkie sir Charles (2) abc news (1) accounts (1) accupunture (1) adrian gostick (1) advertising agency (3) agency (1) agency couture (2) algorithm google (2) analogy (1) apple (2) April 2014 Video Diary @Desaraev (1) archive ideas (1) armstrong (1) ask (1) attitude (1) bacon (1) Beep beep (1) Birthday bus (1) Birthday house warming 2/21/14 video diary @desaraev (1) blog rant (1) blog template (1) blog voice (1) blogger (1) blogging (2) blogroll (1) blogs (1) blogspot free template (1) Blue moon Baton Rouge (1) book (3) book review (3) bots (2) branding (1) build your brand (1) business cards (1) buy art (1) Camcorder (1) Camera (1) card scanner (1) categorized (1) Charles (1) Charlie (1) chris brogan (3) cisco (1) Cold in dexter (1) commercial (1) communication (1) complaint (1) conferences (2) consulting (1) copy writing (1) coupons (1) coverage (1) craftsmenship (1) crash (1) crawl (1) customer service (1) D (4) Dark (1) definition (1) desarae veit new webstie (2) desaraev (7) design (3) desktop application (1) drawings (1) Dublin (3) dv cable (1) dveit.com (1) e-mail (1) e-newsletter (3) easy (1) ecommerce (1) ed heil (1) email newsletter (2) emails (1) enewsletter (2) erheil (1) etiquette (2) events (3) evernote (1) examples (1) explaination (1) facebook (3) Facebook Pictures for intro to Video Diary @Desaraev (3) Feb 23 (1) filing system (1) fine art (1) fine art website (1) firewire cable (1) Flowers! (1) Flying (2) Flying to Waterloo cedar falls @ Livingston FBO - 2/23/14 @desaraev video diary (1) free blogspot template (1) freelance (1) Freelancing (1) FRS (1) funeral (1) Garden @desaraev (1) getting paid for your work (1) gmail (1) gnc (1) Goals (2) google (3) Google Wave (1) google web master tools (1) google web standards (1) Grrrrr Charles (1) Happy bday sara (1) hard drive (1) hard work (1) harddrive (1) Haunted basement (1) he could be the one (1) Health energy drink (1) hester browne (1) hire a professional (1) holidays (1) holistic (1) House Tour Video Diary @desaraev 2/22/14 (1) how to (1) how to check if your site is indexed (1) how to index your site (1) how to seo (8) how to start blogging (1) how to submit your url (1) hr (1) hubspot (1) hulu (1) human resources (1) hutch carpenter (1) icrossing (1) idea filing (1) index (1) industry (1) informational interview (1) Instapark YT1008 outdoor motion solar light product review by @desaraev (1) interactive (1) interior design (1) internet (2) introductions (1) iPad (1) iphone (2) ipod touch (1) Ireland music at The oldest pub in Dublin (1) Irish music and dancing on Fleet Street trinity bar area (1) job search (3) keyword research (2) king of pop (1) Lame (1) lance armstrong (1) Land (1) Landing in Ankeny - 2/23/14 video diary @desaraev (1) link pyramids (1) link schemes (1) linkedin (1) list of agencies (2) mac (1) mac ready (1) mammal joans (1) mammal jones (1) mankato (1) Maria Duron (1) marketing (1) massage (1) mcnairs wife (1) Meanie vs Charles (1) michael jackson memorial (1) miley cyrus elle (1) miley cyrus elle magazine (1) minneapolis (3) minneapolis web design (3) minneapolis web design firm (1) minnesota (1) mistress sahel kazemi (1) MJ (1) mn (2) mobile (1) moderator (1) msn (1) multiple writer (1) my art (1) My art by desaraev (3) my book (1) natural search (2) network neutrality (1) networking (1) New York NY over water (1) newegg (1) newsletter (1) newsletters (1) objective authenticity (1) Oioop (1) online campaign (1) online storage (1) opinions (1) original custom fine art (1) page rank (1) painter (1) painting website (1) paintings (1) password (1) pay per click (2) Piano bar (8) Playing with charlie (1) pop star (1) popular (1) portfolio (1) postrel (1) preventing bad seo (1) Preview of tonights video diary house tour 2/22/14 (1) professional affiliations (1) programming (1) promote your company (1) promotions (1) Puppy stuck on window seal @yorkiecharles @desaraev (2) Putting the plane away in the hangar - 2/23/14 video diary @Desaraev (1) quercetin (1) readers (1) reading (1) recruiter (1) recruitting (1) rolodex (1) sabai (2) sabai body temple (1) sales (1) scoble (1) scott christopher (1) search engine optimization (8) search engines (4) sem (4) seo (4) seo tool (1) sex (1) sf plastic surgeon (1) sky blue (1) skyblue creative group (1) Skyblue sales group (1) small business (1) smart disk (1) smb (1) smbmsp (1) sms (1) Snow (1) social cognition (1) social media (9) social media breakfast (2) social networks (2) Sony (1) spiders (2) st. paul (1) storing information (1) story (1) storyteller media (1) strategy (1) subscribers (1) sxsw (1) target audience (1) target market (2) tb (1) Teaching (1) Teasing Charles (1) Teasing Charles 2 (1) technology (2) television (1) ten ways to lose your job with social media (1) tennessee titans (1) text messaging (1) the finishing touches (1) the levity effect (1) tips for meeting people (1) tips on who to hire (1) top search engines to optimize your site for (2) top ten ideas to get your site indexed (1) Tornado Warning! Cant see much... (1) tour de france 2009 (1) treadmill desk (1) tv (1) tweet your way out of a job (2) twin cities (2) twitter (10) uptown (1) usb cable (1) ustream (1) valentines day (1) verizon (1) Video blog (1) Video Diary @Desaraev (6) Video Diary 2/22/14 @desaraev (2) Video recording (1) videos (1) violence (1) web (1) web 2.0 (2) web design (2) web site (1) webmaster tools (1) website (2) websites (2) What is a search directory (3) who to optimize your site for (1) wifi (1) windows (1) wishlist (1) work out while you work (1) working for yourself (1) working from home (1) worldwide televised mj memorial service (1) yahoo (2) You say hes just s friend blue moon (1) zappos (1)