How to check to see if your site is on Google, Yahoo! and MSN:
(note msn can be a little flaky and may say it has more pages indexed then the others)
site:domain.com (don't enter site:www.domain.com)
In the results it will say Results 1 of 10 out of about 78 from domain.com
Meaning that Google has indexed 78 pages from your site.
If you think a new page is missing here is how to check for individual pages:
- Download the Google Toolbar
- Then Click the i icon on the Google Toolbar.
- Selected the Cached snapshot of the page from the drop down list
- If it shows up its indexed, if not then it may or may not be indexed (most likely not)
OR if you don't want to download the toolbar.
- Go to Google
- Enter (into the search) example: cache:http://dveit.com/page.html
- (replace my domain dveit.com with your actual url)
To check open project go to dmoz.com
What if my site is not indexed? How do I submit my site to Search Engines?
Register your site. It's simple. Here are the sites to go to:
- Submit my URL to Google
- Submit my URL to Yahoo
- Submit my URL to Yahoo Directory
- Submit my URL to DMOZ
- Submit my URL to MSN