- I wanted to fly, I have begun this, but never (yet) completed my pilots license.
- I wanted to be an ice skater.. if you know me.. then you know doing this on a professional level is unlikely because I can count on one hand the number of times I have gone ice skating... and bought my first skates last year.
- I wanted to be a teacher. I love children and always thought I would be a pilot or elementary school teacher. In a way I am your teacher. I write blogs and share what little knowledge I have to you. I have volunteered 5+ years at elementary schools, but being a full time teacher is unlikely because of my next goal.
- I want to make $100,000+/year by the time I am 30. Granted this is not a childhood goal... although winning the lottery or being somewhat well to do was. Not necessarily excessively, just enough to be very comfortable and never leave me or my family wanting.
- One that I have always wanted... and always will, is requetted love. The romantic kind, between two people that you only find in disney movies. I have had the makings of this kind of love. I have begun it only once, with one person, who I still deeply care about. But to have love returned, I can only say that I doubt I have felt that. While I may have come very close to it, outside factors have always came in the way, or rushing has always prevented it to turn out the way I hoped. I'm not saying I want the gooey... mushy.. I know everything about you quippy kind, but I do want the butterfly feeling, of wanting to be with that person, of hearing there day, of sharing lifes ups and downs, the beautiful wedding with great friends, and wonderful children that share a little of both of us.
- Great friends. I've had the priviledge of making many great friends in my life and the misfortune of moving away from many of great people only to find more great friends. I can say now I am fortunate to have many old and new friends, that I can only hope I will one day be as open and close to as my past friends.
- To travel. I have done a lot of this in my time. I have no desire now, or in the near future to ever uproot and start over again though, so my travels will be narrowed down to small vacations.
- To make a difference, that actually effects the larger population in a positive way. I'm not sure how I will do this or in what way.. but it was a reoccuring thought. I had once wished to be a fire fighter or police officer. Not so much now, but I remember that being one of my costumes for what I wanted to be when I get older.
My goals today dont differ too much. I still want love, happiness, and great friends in life. My work goals have skewed. Overall life is a road that can be very unsure. You may find that what you want, who you want, or where you thought you wanted to be is not really what is best, would make you happiest, or in the end is what you ever wanted. Hynsight is 20/20 as they say. I'm fairly happy now, but fairly sure life is going to make big leaps and turns that I'm not ready for in the next year. All we can hope for is the best and that who you are with and what they want can some how mesh nicely with what you want in life. Communication is that key and its not always easy to be honest. What do you want in life?
Desarae A. Veit
Web. Design. Search. Marketing
This note is off the record (blogs too) unless we agree otherwise.