Monday, April 6, 2009

What are your childhood dreams?

If you follow my tweets you will have noticed I begun reading The Last Lecture, by Randy Pausch. I also have shared many inspirational quotes by him and others that are in the book. A question he asked was what are my childhood dreams? So here are some of mine:

  • I wanted to fly, I have begun this, but never (yet) completed my pilots license.
  • I wanted to be an ice skater.. if you know me.. then you know doing this on a professional level is unlikely because I can count on one hand the number of times I have gone ice skating... and bought my first skates last year.
  • I wanted to be a teacher. I love children and always thought I would be a pilot or elementary school teacher. In a way I am your teacher. I write blogs and share what little knowledge I have to you. I have volunteered 5+ years at elementary schools, but being a full time teacher is unlikely because of my next goal.
  • I want to make $100,000+/year by the time I am 30. Granted this is not a childhood goal... although winning the lottery or being somewhat well to do was. Not necessarily excessively, just enough to be very comfortable and never leave me or my family wanting.
  • One that I have always wanted... and always will, is requetted love. The romantic kind, between two people that you only find in disney movies. I have had the makings of this kind of love. I have begun it only once, with one person, who I still deeply care about. But to have love returned, I can only say that I doubt I have felt that. While I may have come very close to it, outside factors have always came in the way, or rushing has always prevented it to turn out the way I hoped. I'm not saying I want the gooey... mushy.. I know everything about you quippy kind, but I do want the butterfly feeling, of wanting to be with that person, of hearing there day, of sharing lifes ups and downs, the beautiful wedding with great friends, and wonderful children that share a little of both of us.
  • Great friends. I've had the priviledge of making many great friends in my life and the misfortune of moving away from many of great people only to find more great friends. I can say now I am fortunate to have many old and new friends, that I can only hope I will one day be as open and close  to as my past friends.
  • To travel. I have done a lot of this in my time. I have no desire now, or in the near future to ever uproot and start over again though, so my travels will be narrowed down to small vacations.
  • To make a difference, that actually effects the larger population in a positive way. I'm not sure how I will do this or in what way.. but it was a reoccuring thought. I had once wished to be a fire fighter or police officer. Not so much now, but I remember that being one of my costumes for what I wanted to be when  I get older.
I know in elementary school, one of my teachers had us write a note to our self. It was a set of goals... I wish I knew where those letters where today, because I know they were to our future selves (about this time in life in fact).

My goals today dont differ too much. I still want love, happiness, and great friends in life. My work goals have skewed. Overall life is a road that can be very unsure. You may find that what you want, who you want, or where you thought you wanted to be is not really what is best, would make you happiest, or in the end is what you ever wanted. Hynsight is 20/20 as they say. I'm fairly happy now, but fairly sure life is going to make big leaps and turns that I'm not ready for in the next year. All we can hope for is the best and that who you are with and what they want can some how mesh nicely with what you want in life. Communication is that key and its not always easy to be honest. What do you want in life?

--
Sincerely,

Desarae A. Veit
http://www.dveit.com
http://interactivemedias.blogspot.com
http://desaraev.com
http://www.twitter.com/desaraev

Web. Design. Search. Marketing
This note is off the record (blogs too) unless we agree otherwise.

No comments:

Popular Posts

Categories

2010 (1) 2014 (1) 2015 video diary from desaraev and Yorkie sir Charles (2) abc news (1) accounts (1) accupunture (1) adrian gostick (1) advertising agency (3) agency (1) agency couture (2) algorithm google (2) analogy (1) apple (2) April 2014 Video Diary @Desaraev (1) archive ideas (1) armstrong (1) ask (1) attitude (1) bacon (1) Beep beep (1) Birthday bus (1) Birthday house warming 2/21/14 video diary @desaraev (1) blog rant (1) blog template (1) blog voice (1) blogger (1) blogging (2) blogroll (1) blogs (1) blogspot free template (1) Blue moon Baton Rouge (1) book (3) book review (3) bots (2) branding (1) build your brand (1) business cards (1) buy art (1) Camcorder (1) Camera (1) card scanner (1) categorized (1) Charles (1) Charlie (1) chris brogan (3) cisco (1) Cold in dexter (1) commercial (1) communication (1) complaint (1) conferences (2) consulting (1) copy writing (1) coupons (1) coverage (1) craftsmenship (1) crash (1) crawl (1) customer service (1) D (4) Dark (1) definition (1) desarae veit new webstie (2) desaraev (7) design (3) desktop application (1) drawings (1) Dublin (3) dv cable (1) dveit.com (1) e-mail (1) e-newsletter (3) easy (1) ecommerce (1) ed heil (1) email newsletter (2) emails (1) enewsletter (2) erheil (1) etiquette (2) events (3) evernote (1) examples (1) explaination (1) facebook (3) Facebook Pictures for intro to Video Diary @Desaraev (3) Feb 23 (1) filing system (1) fine art (1) fine art website (1) firewire cable (1) Flowers! (1) Flying (2) Flying to Waterloo cedar falls @ Livingston FBO - 2/23/14 @desaraev video diary (1) free blogspot template (1) freelance (1) Freelancing (1) FRS (1) funeral (1) Garden @desaraev (1) getting paid for your work (1) gmail (1) gnc (1) Goals (2) google (3) Google Wave (1) google web master tools (1) google web standards (1) Grrrrr Charles (1) Happy bday sara (1) hard drive (1) hard work (1) harddrive (1) Haunted basement (1) he could be the one (1) Health energy drink (1) hester browne (1) hire a professional (1) holidays (1) holistic (1) House Tour Video Diary @desaraev 2/22/14 (1) how to (1) how to check if your site is indexed (1) how to index your site (1) how to seo (8) how to start blogging (1) how to submit your url (1) hr (1) hubspot (1) hulu (1) human resources (1) hutch carpenter (1) icrossing (1) idea filing (1) index (1) industry (1) informational interview (1) Instapark YT1008 outdoor motion solar light product review by @desaraev (1) interactive (1) interior design (1) internet (2) introductions (1) iPad (1) iphone (2) ipod touch (1) Ireland music at The oldest pub in Dublin (1) Irish music and dancing on Fleet Street trinity bar area (1) job search (3) keyword research (2) king of pop (1) Lame (1) lance armstrong (1) Land (1) Landing in Ankeny - 2/23/14 video diary @desaraev (1) link pyramids (1) link schemes (1) linkedin (1) list of agencies (2) mac (1) mac ready (1) mammal joans (1) mammal jones (1) mankato (1) Maria Duron (1) marketing (1) massage (1) mcnairs wife (1) Meanie vs Charles (1) michael jackson memorial (1) miley cyrus elle (1) miley cyrus elle magazine (1) minneapolis (3) minneapolis web design (3) minneapolis web design firm (1) minnesota (1) mistress sahel kazemi (1) MJ (1) mn (2) mobile (1) moderator (1) msn (1) multiple writer (1) my art (1) My art by desaraev (3) my book (1) natural search (2) network neutrality (1) networking (1) New York NY over water (1) newegg (1) newsletter (1) newsletters (1) objective authenticity (1) Oioop (1) online campaign (1) online storage (1) opinions (1) original custom fine art (1) page rank (1) painter (1) painting website (1) paintings (1) password (1) pay per click (2) Piano bar (8) Playing with charlie (1) pop star (1) popular (1) portfolio (1) postrel (1) preventing bad seo (1) Preview of tonights video diary house tour 2/22/14 (1) professional affiliations (1) programming (1) promote your company (1) promotions (1) Puppy stuck on window seal @yorkiecharles @desaraev (2) Putting the plane away in the hangar - 2/23/14 video diary @Desaraev (1) quercetin (1) readers (1) reading (1) recruiter (1) recruitting (1) rolodex (1) sabai (2) sabai body temple (1) sales (1) scoble (1) scott christopher (1) search engine optimization (8) search engines (4) sem (4) seo (4) seo tool (1) sex (1) sf plastic surgeon (1) sky blue (1) skyblue creative group (1) Skyblue sales group (1) small business (1) smart disk (1) smb (1) smbmsp (1) sms (1) Snow (1) social cognition (1) social media (9) social media breakfast (2) social networks (2) Sony (1) spiders (2) st. paul (1) storing information (1) story (1) storyteller media (1) strategy (1) subscribers (1) sxsw (1) target audience (1) target market (2) tb (1) Teaching (1) Teasing Charles (1) Teasing Charles 2 (1) technology (2) television (1) ten ways to lose your job with social media (1) tennessee titans (1) text messaging (1) the finishing touches (1) the levity effect (1) tips for meeting people (1) tips on who to hire (1) top search engines to optimize your site for (2) top ten ideas to get your site indexed (1) Tornado Warning! Cant see much... (1) tour de france 2009 (1) treadmill desk (1) tv (1) tweet your way out of a job (2) twin cities (2) twitter (10) uptown (1) usb cable (1) ustream (1) valentines day (1) verizon (1) Video blog (1) Video Diary @Desaraev (6) Video Diary 2/22/14 @desaraev (2) Video recording (1) videos (1) violence (1) web (1) web 2.0 (2) web design (2) web site (1) webmaster tools (1) website (2) websites (2) What is a search directory (3) who to optimize your site for (1) wifi (1) windows (1) wishlist (1) work out while you work (1) working for yourself (1) working from home (1) worldwide televised mj memorial service (1) yahoo (2) You say hes just s friend blue moon (1) zappos (1)