Many Americans are only 1 pay check away from being temporarily homeless or poor. These are hard times where everyone should support each other. On the other hand Americans are notoriously lazy. I've offered homeless people food before (rather then the money they where begging for) and have been turned down on more then one occasion. That is not to say that many American's are genuinely homeless or could have there lives changed by someone helping them off the streets, but how many are there by continued bad choices?
- Free internet: The public library, dido on books.
- Housing: HomeAid is a leading national non-profit provider of housing for today's homeless. The organization builds and renovates multi-unit homes for America's ... www.homeaid.org/
- Gyno/Feminine Checkup and Birth Control: Planned Parenthood
- Homeless Shleter: www.homelessshelterdirectory.org
- Soup Kitchens:
- Homeless shelters, soup kitchens, and rescue mission directory for men, women, and children within United States and Canada. Salvation Army locators!
- Welcome to The Soup Kitchen Restaurants & Catering. Where we've been offering Fresh Soups, ... Let the Soup Kitchen help you with all of your foods needs. ...
- The Capuchin Soup Kitchen serves the poor who suffer from the lack of basic human needs: material needs, such as food, clothing, and household necessities; ...
- Get a Job:
- (Article explaining the stigma and problems for homeless looking for a job) http://homelessness.change.org/blog/view/dont_be_homeless_get_a_job
- National Coalition for Homeless Veterans
- Job Interview Tips: http://www.suite101.com/reference/job_interview
- Dress a Homeless women for an interview:
Founded in 1996 it is now in 60 cities and four countries. Over 60,000 women have been dressed by this nonprofit group. Clients are poor women and those in temporary shelters. They get one suit for the job interview and a second suit when they get the job. Homeless shelter and other groups refer women to the program. The DRESS FOR SUCCESS sites in the United States and other countries are listed at this web address:
This year March 17-24th is Clean Your Closet Week. There will be suit drives, events and fundraising parties in the 60 cities where there is a Dress For Success program. They are looking for donations of good, clean interview suits. Donations should be items you'd be proud to wear and not something out of style or showing wear. They accept coordinated, contemorary, interview-appropriate skirt and pant suits with matching blouses. They also welcome gorgeous blazers and jackets and new or nearly-new dress shoes. They have a special need for larger size clothes. All clothing and cash contributions are welcome and are fully tax deductible. Here is the web address to learn how to donate cash. There are also addresses where you can drop off your clothing donations.
Your life is an occasion. Rise to it.
Web. Design. Search. Marketing
Agency Couture: www.AgencyCouture.com
Interactive Portfolio: www.dveit.com
This note is off the record (blogs too) unless we agree otherwise.