Chris Brogan's Daily Chores
- Get your blog post up. Make it helpful, worthy of comments, and unique.
- Comment on other people’s blog posts.
- Share other people’s blog posts.
- Comment back to people who’ve commented on your blog.
- Read something not related to your market.
- Connect with five people not in your vertical or your geography.
- Reconnect with people who matter. Drop an email or call. Don’t ask for anything.
- Look at the map of where you think things are going for your business. Anything change?
- Read the “weather” from the blogs you follow. Anything there?
- Think about what seeds you might plant for future projects.
- Share at the farmer’s market your best yields.
- Look up one new person, connect, introduce yourself. Try to help someone.
- RT a friend who said something you like.
- Say something interesting and relevant to your field or what you did that day, preferably not related to your food unless you are a chef (or being lame, like I've done multiple times).
- Tweet your blog post of the day.
- Send someone to an article that you know will help them answer a problem.
- Set Goals, decide what your strategy is, decide who you want to target.
- Decide how you are going to target new leads. Take action.
- Ideas: Make phone calls, send post cards, make fliers, use social media, take advantage of banner ads, build your database and CRM.
- If you now offer new services re-evaluate past clients.
- Did you really like working with a particular client. Re-look at their site, determine any new ideas or recommendations, evaluate, draw up a plan and send it to them.
Other Social Media Chores
- Double check your grammar and spelling on past posts, update any outdated content.
- Make sure your old blog posts have pictures.
- Make sure all your profiles have fully filled out bios.
- Make sure all your profiles have pictures.
- Use unique and catchy titles on all your posts.
- Back up your files in THREE places. Examples: dropbox, hard-drive, your computer, and a server. In this example I'm expecting that you can't hold all your files on your computer which is why I added a fourth place.
- Backup your photos to Flickr, Facebook or Picassa.
- Invite one person to coffee.
- Update your social media picture and designs (for example on twitter you would update your background).
- Take a deep breath, don't let life get you down. Contact me if I can help you.
Photo credit mollypop
As always you are more then welcome to use any of my content, repost it, rewrite it, and broadcast it all I ask is that you link back to where you found it (http://interactivemedias.blogspot.com)
I would also love to hear YOUR comments, questions or concerns of my posts and reviews! What do you think, its ok if our opinions don't match up! Leave a comment or let me know what you would like to learn more about and maybe it will become my next blog post or video blog.
Also don't forget to subscribe to my video tutorials (on youtube or itunes) as well as subscribe to my blog posts on here so you can have the latest web tips, tricks and book reviews delivered directly to your inbox!
Thanks for reading!
--Desarae A. Veit