Desarae's Wish List
- I would like to become a better public speaker, not that I'm not good, but everyone has room for improvement. I would also like to teach more in a speaking environment, wouldn't hurt if that was a paid gig.
- Blogging on a daily basis is something I really need to just DO. Would like to have someone help me edit. Like @julieannwarner?!
- To Teach People. To help people. People like you. Learn how to step outside the box, to dream big, and to understand the internet and help us all become more then we where a year ago. Sounds cliche, but this is my list.
- I want to own a new mac book pro by the end of the year. As long as we are doing toys: a flip, a live scribe pen (or at least test one out), and a new printer wouldn't hurt.
- To meet Chris Brogan (I'll hopefully be doing this Feb. 3rd when he comes to Minneapolis, I've already bought my vip ticket).
- To meet Gary V., Guy Kawasaki, Julien Smith, Kevin Rose, Leo Laport, Paulo Coelho, Hester Browne, and Justin Levy. (If I butchered anyones name please let me know so I can fix it asap.. I apologize in advance.)
- To have coffee with the following people at least once in 2010: Lee Oden, Greg Veit, Mitchell Hislop, Amy Bryant, Liz Strauss, Mark Jacobs, and @Cheeky_Geeky
- To visit at least one place on this list: California, Texas, Dubai, Sweden, England, SXSW, Japan
- Save up for a down payment for a house.
- Sell my 1999 Ford Expedition, Metallic Blue
- Get my podcast going monthly (at least) and looking top notch.
- Bring in a min. of $50,000 monthly revenue for my company.
- Sell some of my paintings, which will clear up some space in my closet and under my bed!
- Find a partner who is good with numbers, strategy, new business, and is as dedicated and motivated as I am, if not more.
- To meet more of YOU, get feedback and keep growing.
- Read 2-3 books per month. Write reviews.
- Attend 1 event per month (already doing this - more like 1 per week but would be fun if more of them are out of state). Would be even better if more started being FREE in exchange for blogging and promoting on twitter. One or two already are!
This post was inspired by Chris Brogan's wish list. So what's yours? Where do you want to be by 2011?
As always you are more then welcome to use any of my content, repost it, rewrite it, and broadcast it all I ask is that you link back to where you found it (http://interactivemedias.blogspot.com)
I would also love to hear YOUR comments, questions or concerns of my posts and reviews! What do you think, its ok if our opinions don't match up! Leave a comment or let me know what you would like to learn more about and maybe it will become my next blog post or video blog.
Also don't forget to subscribe to my video tutorials (on youtube or itunes) as well as subscribe to my blog posts on here so you can have the latest web tips, tricks and book reviews delivered directly to your inbox!
Thanks for reading!
--Desarae A. Veit
Photo from Flickr Creative Commons he(art)geek