"I cannot tell you any spiritual truth that deep within you don't know already. All I can do is remind you of what you have forgotten" -- The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
Life is full of ups and downs. Surprises that we like and ones that scare us. In branding you can help prevent some of those downs and negative surprises by putting together a good strategy, using your brain, learn from people and avoiding living a lazy useless life. If you know something is bound to fail, why start it. If you feel like you are on the wrong path, it is never too late to turn around or change direction. Just know if you've walked a long distance and want to turn around and run back to the start, it may take a little while to walk all the way back there. I'm here for you if there is anything I can do to help you.
What will be some top trends in 2010?
- User experience design and customer experience from start to finish is HUGE. This means your brand, the way people treat you in the store, the scents, decoration and even the music you play. Think about Starbucks, no matter where you go they all have a similar fell, right? User experience design refers to where you look on a website and what drives you to certain actions.
- Companies will learn to let go and allow consumers and guest to help build there story, instead of always fearing they will take it away. They will be transparent where it matters and keep crucial components like secret recipes to them selves. Everyone is telling companies transparency is important, and that is true but there is something mysterious and glamorous about not knowing EVERYTHING about you and your brand. Like if you mess up and need to fix a bad cake, well your endearing but you could be humble and not tell us. Then if we find out on our own, we respect you even more.
- Storytelling for a brand, advertisement, or website is important. There is a lot that goes into telling a good story, but layout, font, how quickly you develop the story and if you can pull at the readers heart strings are the crucial components to a great story. a key component; the speed at which stories are developed is crucial; and above all, emotional connections matter.
- I can't wait until banner ads are gone forever.
- Paid media needs to find a new way to get paid because branded content syndication (for free) is here to stay. I'm going to say that ads and product placement might be the temporary fix, but like I said before banners probably aren't the key unless they work DIRECTLY with the article it is next to. Then the article will sell it and the banner wont be a banner it will just be a beautiful product picture.
- Mobile is quickly taking over, join the bandwagon because it's not going away any more then the internet is.
- Yes, ROI is important. Brands that understand strategy and how to put metrics to social media, mobile and offline ads are going to be great at optimizing them. Yes, offline ads can be tracked if you plan ahead where you are driving them.
- Content is King or Queen.
Questions students? Comments? Contact me. Ok, class dismissed.
Also Read (some of my predictions are expansions from this blog post): 2010 Digital Marketing Outlook from The Social Media Marketing Blog by (Scott Monty)."The mind is a superb instrument if used rightly. Used wrongly, however, it becomes very destructive. To put it more accurately, it is not so much that you use your mind wrongly—you usually don't use it at all. It uses you." -- The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
Subscribe in a reader
Thanks for reading!
Learn more about Listia from one of my blog posts, click here.
As always you are more then welcome to use any of my content, repost it, rewrite it, and broadcast it all I ask is that you link back to where you found it (http://interactivemedias.blogspot.com). Love to read your comments, so don't forget to post them here or via twitter (I'm @DesaraeV).
Also don't forget to subscribe to my video tutorials (on youtube or itunes) as well as subscribe to my blog posts on here so you can have the latest web tips, tricks and book reviews delivered directly to your inbox!